Monday, June 22, 2009

Talent Agencies

It has only been a few hours since I last wrote and I am already discouraged. I googled talent agencies in Dallas to see who would be lucky enough to represent me, and most of them require that you already have some acting credit before they will even review your application. I mean, I guess I understand that they can't just meet with every single person who wants to become and actor, but because there are a million "castings" in this area, I want the help of an agent to tell me which ones to pursue versus which ones to stay away from. It looks like I have to be my own agent for a while before any real agencies will even look at me. Unexpected. I also discovered that I need to get headshots made asap. This is going to be difficult but I am still so excited!! It feels good to be doing something you actually like, or trying to, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you Chels! I wish I could offer you some tips, but alas, I'm not famous, nor am I an actor, nor am I skinny. Hmmmm, maybe I should go away and let someone else write you.

    ReplyDelete